I'VE MOVED! YOU CAN VISIT MY NEW BLOG AT: http://ribbonsdownmyback.blogspot.com

Friday, September 9, 2011

Project 52: Week 35

{35/52}


I did some baking on Wednesday and made these yummy coffee cake muffins. I've modified the recipe a bit, cutting down on the sugar and using plain yogurt instead of sour cream. Below is my modified recipe and long with a link to the original.

Coffee Cake Muffins

Original recipe from Martha Stewart
Muffins:
1 stick butter, softened
1 3/4 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup plain yogurt
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs

Streusel Topping:
1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
1/3 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1teaspoon ground cinnamon
3-4 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces


Directions:

1. Streussel Topping: Combine brown sugar, flour, salt, and cinnamon. Cut in the butter.

2. Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a muffin tin with cooking spray.

3. Combine together yogurt, butter, sugar, and vanilla until well mixed. Add the eggs and mix together. Add the flour, baking powder, and baking soda and stir just till combined.

4. Fill the muffin tins about 1/3 of the way with the batter, then sprinkle some of the streussel topping on top. Then add another 1/3 of batter on top, and sprinkle with streussel topping again.

5. Bake for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. 

3 comments:

  1. mmm...they look yummy! And made with yogurt...I bet I'd love 'em...I think I'll give this recipe a shot! Thank you for sharing :)

    (And its such a lovely food photo too!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! If you ask a question, be sure to subscribe to comments so you'll get my reply.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails