I'VE MOVED! YOU CAN VISIT MY NEW BLOG AT: http://ribbonsdownmyback.blogspot.com

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Summertime

Photobucket

Saturday we spend the morning doing yard work, but then later in the afternoon Daniel had tons of fun playing with water balloons. He would fill them up, then my dad would try to hit him while Daniel ran around.

Photobucket


Last school year I took a French class at our homeschool co-op. This year we're not doing any co-ops, so I've started teaching myself French. I've checked out all sorts of books on the subject in our library system and have been trying different books out, figuring out what works best for me. I'm really liking the Easy French Reader, that I picked up at Half Price Books (one of my favorite stores). 


Photobucket


Tuesday afternoon we had my friends Carrie and Rose over and we had a fun afternoon walking all around the neighborhood, along with my siblings. Then we went to Starbucks before browsing around Fred Meyer, where we listened to all the birthday cards with music, looked at the toys, and tested out all the furniture.


Photobucket


I'm not usually a big reader, but lately I've really been enjoying some of Agatha Christie's book. We discovered the Poirot movies and TV shows earlier this year and really enjoy them, so I decided to give the books a try. So far I've only read the books with Hercule Poirot, the Belgium detective, and right now I'm currently in the middle of my fifth one, The Mystery of the Blue Train. Christie does a marvelous job of keeping the reader guessing who the murder is throughout the book.


Photobucket

What have you been doing this summer?

6 comments:

  1. Hi there, Sereina! I'm your latest follower -- care to be my latest follower? ;]
    Your pictures are gorgeous!! And it sounds like you're having a great summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures, Sereina! :-) They depict summer really well! I especially love the last picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures! LOVED the rose one, gorgeous!! I've been doing a lot of travelling and reading this summer :) have a great day xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, I loooove the rose picture! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That rose is GORGEOUS! Red is such a hard color to get to look good in photos, especially of flowers. The droplets really add the wow factor! Love the last one too... such a pretty purple and the lighting is perfect!

    We just "discovered" Poirot a few weeks ago! :-) We've only watched 2 so far (The Mysterious Affair at Styles and The ABC Murders). I liked the former better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These photos are gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous. Love the detail of each droplet on that velvety red rose.

    My summer? I've been setting up my first attempt to gardening, harvested our first tiny vegetables and have been to Israel and back. Feel free to check out the photos on my blog! :)

    Blessings,
    This Good Life

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! If you ask a question, be sure to subscribe to comments so you'll get my reply.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails